To find useful articles, perform the following steps in Business Source Complete.
- Click on the Advanced Search link located beneath the basic search box, and use the builder to create a search.
- If necessary, choose a document type:
- Now click the Search button.
Interpreting your results:
On the results page you can:
- Further refine your searches as needed using the limiters found in the left column. You can limit to source type, subject, full text availability, illustrated works, and featured story.
- To preview an article, you can mouse-over the icon. A small window will appear You'll see the article's abstract, subject headings and citation information.
- Click on the icon to access full-text of the article.
Tip: If you have a choice to use a PDF or an html version of an article choose the PDF for accurate page numbers!
- If a full-text version of your article is not available, click on the icon to search for your article in other linked databases.
- If there is no online access, don't forget to double-check Periodicals by Title to see if the Library has a print subscription.
If the library does not have access to an article in any form, copy the citation information into the online Interlibrary Loan form.
- If you make an EBSCO account, you can make folders and organize your research. Place articles in folders by clicking the icon and following the prompts!