Remote Stacks Facility
Remote Facility General Information
In an attempt to create more learning commons spaces for patrons in the Ethel K. Smith Library, a Remote Stacks Facility was erected during 2012-2013 to house overflow resources. The facility is located near the Goodman Service Center on the eastern end of the campus.
Remote Stacks General Polices & Procedure
- Library materials will be retrieved from the Remote Stacks facility within a 24 hour turn-around whenever possible.
- At a minimum, materials will be retrieved: Monday - Friday at 4pm.
- Requests may be submitted electronically or in person at the EKS Library Main Circulation Desk. Patrons will be notified via WU email when their item is available for use. For questions regarding retrieval of items, please contact the Public Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-233-8093.
- Staffing impacts Remote Stacks facility runs. At least three library staff members and/or student assistants must be on duty before a Library representative can leave the EKS Library to go to the Remote Stacks facility.
- The Remote Stacks facility does not house a browse-able collection; therefore only Library Staff, Student Assistants, and Campus Services Staff may access the facility.
Updated April 18, 2013