Step 1: Search Terms from Research Question
Identify research material that interest you, and propose your own idea for a study.
Make minor changes to a study, design a study based on "future directions" suggested by a published author, or propose a design entirelu dissimilar to anything you're read.
Example topic of interest:
The Bystander Effect and...
Step 2.1: Get Background Information
- Overview - Gain a broad understanding of your topic
- Definitions - Be an informed reader
- Notable Names - Know the major players
- Dates & Events - Contextualize your topic
- Bibliographies - Fish those citations!
Step 2.2: Get Background Information
Subject Specific Encyclopedias
Extensive & scholarly - Gain a more in-depth understanding of your topic
Step 3: Gather More Search Terms
Build a list of keywords and synonyms
"Bystander Effect" • "Bystander Apathy"
Computers • Online • Cyber • Digital
"Future Research" • "Proposed Research"
Methods • Methodology