Teacher's Guide To... Assignment
Teaching Guide Topics:
- Racial/Ethnic/Cultural Diversity/Multi-Cultural Education
- Technology Integration
- Differentiating Instruction/Learning Styles/Diversifying Instructional Strategies/Methodologies
- Classroom Management
- Effective Planning/Assessment
Teaching Guide Sections:
- Purpose/Why is this important?
- History/General Information
- Major Researchers/Theories/Prevailing Ideas
- Teacher Tips/Strategies to Use/Dos and Don'ts
Biography of a Learner Assignment
Purpose: To demonstrate the processing of course material and the ability to research important issues on your own, then apply these insights to a specific student, in writing.
- Choose a student (if you are a TA, choose a student you do not know). Give the student you've selected a fictional name. Consider this student and their developmental needs throughout the course.
- Then write:
- 1-2 pages on the biographical description, personal habits, etc. ... what does this student "look like" in the classroom setting?
- 1-2 pages or more on their learner habits ... how does this student learn or not learn in the classroom/school areas?
- 2-3 pages or more of recommendations, based on what you've learned, that would help you better address this student (and ones like him/her in the fiture). This section should discuss not only your insights gained from class, but should discuss things you've learned and would like to try based on research you've done independently (can be part of your online research that's ongoing). This portion must include a separate literacy section, which will be discussed in ED 502.
- Reference page: include your text if you used it and at least 3 sources that are not your text.
This formal paper should be in APA format; include a cover sheet, a running head, and citations for all of your research in APA format. An abstract is not necessary.