Google Scholar searches for scholarly articles, reports, dissertations, theses, patents, and other documents.
A search of Google Scholar will generate a list of citations.
From these citations you can:
- View works that cite an article (forward citation chaining!)
- View similar articles
- Use the citation generator (check citations against your style manual)
- Save article citations to a personal library
Full text links are provided if:
- The EKS Library subscribes to the journal
- The Journal is open access
- The article is posted by an author to the internet
"Google Scholar aims to rank documents the way researchers do, weighing the full text of each document, where it was published, who it was written by, as well as how often and how recently it has been cited in other scholarly literature." The most relevant results will always appear on the first page. (http://scholar.google.com/intl/en/scholar/about.html).
Google.com Search Tips