Finding Sources in ProQuest Central
To find useful sources, perform the following steps in ProQuest Central.
- Click on the Advanced Search link located under of the search box on the PQC landing page.
- For this example, we are going to execute a complex search with 4 keywords using boolean operators and truncation.
Your search box should look like this:
We still want to search in "Anywhere" to avoid missing results.
- Be sure to check the Peer-Reviewed search limiter.
- Now click the search button.
On the results page you can:
- Sort your results by Relevance and Date Published.
- To access an article simply click on the result title, or click on the icon.
- If you like the article, you have a number of tools at your disposal. You can organize your research and Save to My Research, Email the article to yourself or others, Print, generate a citation (use with caution) and export or save citations (again use caution). The toolbar below whould appear near the top of your screen.
When you email yourself an article, be sure to check the to get your working search strategy.