Finding Research Articles in PsycARTICLES
To find scholarly articles that contain actual research, perform the following steps in PsycARTICLES.
- Click on the Advanced Search Link below the search box on the PsycARTICLES landing page.
- Enter "body image" in the first search box (do not click Search yet)
- Select limiters for your search such as Peer Reviewed, Date Published Range, Age Groups, Methodology, or Document Type.
- Do not select the limiter for Full Text - the LinkSource icon on the results page will connect you with articles not full text in PsycARTICLES.
- Now click the Search button
On the results page you can:
- Refine your results in the left-hand sidebar using the same limiters as on the Advanced Search page
- Narrow your results using the Subject terms in the left-hand sidebar
- Use the magnifying glass abstract icon to get a quick overview of the article without having to open the file
- Use the Add to Folder icon to gather multiple items for batch emailing
- Check for the full text of the article by looking for HTML or PDF icons underneath the article title (look closely - it's easy to miss!)
- Click on the blue article title hyperlink to print or email the article - be sure to select the proper citation style and check it for accuracy when you email the article to yourself!
- If there is no full text access to the article, use the LinkSource icon to check for alternate access in another database or to use InterLibrary Loan
- If there is no online access, don't forget to double-check Periodicals by Title to see if the Library has a print subscription
Tip: Create an EBSCO HOST account to organize your research.