Finding useful articles with JSTOR.
How to search JSTOR (Arts & Sciences I Collection)
- Click on the Advanced Search link located beneath the basic search box on the JSTOR landing page.
- Using the builder, we'll create our search. Be sure to select "Articles" as a limiter.
- Repeat in additional rows as necessary.
- Now click the Search button.
Interpreting your results:
The main column on the page consists of the results of your search.
You can sort the results by publication or relevance, and limiters that can be used to narrow your search results appear in the left column of the page.
The limiters are comprehensive, the options available to you appear in the table below.
|You can limit publication date
and souce type.
|You can limit your results by
|You can limit to citations
or full text articles.
When you find an article that interests you:
- Tip: If you have a choice to use a PDF or an html version of an article choose the PDF for accurate page numbers!
- If a full-text version of your article is not available, click on the Download PDF button or examine the article in the embedded viewer.
- If there is no online access, don't forget to double-check Periodicals by Title to see if the Library has a print subscription.
If the library does not have access to an article in any form, copy the citation information into the online Interlibrary Loan form.
- If you are looking for additional material that the EKS does not possess, feel free to check WorldCat.org to identify material for ILL.