In addition to the Library's digitized collections of academic catalogs and yearbooks with DigitalNC.org, researchers may find artifacts and print items of interest available as part of University Archives and Special Collections located at the Jesse Helms Center. Contact Wingate University's Special Collections Archivist by email or by phone (704.233.1776, ext. 6) to schedule a research appointment using the materials. The JHC is located at 3910 US Hwy 74 East, Wingate, NC, 28174.
Although the collections are small, contents include:
- Subject Files (i.e. school presidents, community affiliations, student government, campus groups)
- Artifacts- Wingate School/College/University
- Newspaper Articles
- Programs- Wingate Theatre, campus guests, commencement, honors awards night, etc.
- Student Newspaper Publications (i.e.The Flashlight, Weekly Triangle)
- "The Gate" Yearbooks- print copies
- Academic Catalogs- print copies
- Black and White Photos- printed images used in the yearbooks.
- Negatives- Linn Joy Collection (Campus Photographer)
- Slides- Un-catalogued slides from various trips or subjects of interest.
- Small Color Photos- Un-catalogued 3x5’s, and 4X6 prints donated from the Public Relations Department.
- DVDs- A collection containing the first season of "Wingate Today", produced for the campus broadcast.